Teaching and Training
The Institute regularly hosts training programmes for students from India and abroad, with focus on empirical research. Further, in response to continual requests for skill development, reinforcement and training, the Institute’s team has undertaken several initiatives in the form of capacity building workshops and policy advisory services for State Government officials, development activists and social workers, in the focus area of people-centred governance. Scholars from different parts of India as well as abroad visit the Institute for information and data on various development related issues. Besides, the Institute also provides a platform to scholars from different parts of India and abroad, including academicians, policy makers, trade unions, and NGOs, for engaging in purposeful dialogue.
- In collaboration with UNDP, IHD has developed a curriculum for a course on Human Development for Post-Graduate and Diploma students.
- IHD has an ongoing cooperation agreement with UNICEF to support activities on Scheduled Tribes in its Delhi and state offices (Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh, MP, Rajasthan and Assam) and build the capacity of its staff to make UNICEF programmes more inclusive.
- In association with Oxford Poverty Human Development Initiative (OPHI), University of Oxford, IHD conducted an international Summer School on Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty. Students from 12 countries participated in the programme.
- In order to encourage budding young researchers, IHD gives internship opportunities to deserving candidates annually every summer (period subject to change) and engages them in research projects including field surveys. Internships programmes are announced as and when they are conceived.
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University has granted affiliation to the Institute for teaching and training on human development and related issues.
- The Institute is started a Ph.D. programme in Human Development and Labour Economics in 2009. The degree is being granted by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
IHD Training Programme
- Training Programme on Project Proposal Writing, Drafting of Research Reports/Papers and Presentation Skills, 9-11 April 2012, New Delhi
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)?Behaviour-based Safety Training Workshop, 9 June 2012, New Delhi
- Econometrics and NSS Data Analysis
- Training Course for Young Scholars on Project Proposal Writing, Drafting of Research Reports/Papers and Presentation Skills, 21-23 December 2014, Ranchi